The Hik-Connect app is designed to be used with Hikvision brand products. However, Hikvision manufacture’s many products under different labels.
Even though the following steps in this guide might look slightly different from your system, the process is still the same.
Register for a Hik-Connect account
- Go to the Hik-connect website and register for an account.
- You can do this from either a computer or your mobile phone.
- If you do it from your phone, a pop-up screen will appear for you to download the app.
- Android users will need to download the app from this page. Hik-Connect is not available in the Google Play Store.
- Apple users should only download the app from Apple’s App Store.
- Select register new account
- Select your country.
- Create a user name and password.
- Use either your email or mobile number to create an account.
- Enter the Captcha Code, agree to the terms and press next.
- Hik-connect will email or text you a verification code.
- Enter the verification code to register your account.
Configuring your Hikvision DVR or NVR for Peer to Peer (P2P)
The following steps are going to be performed from the monitor and mouse that is connected to your Digital Video Recorder (DVR)
Depending on the version of your DVR, the steps to get into the menu might be a little different.
- Right-click on the screen to pullup the Menu
- From the Menu go to System Configuration and then click on the Network tab on the left side of the screen
- In the Network screen, go to the General tab.
- Make sure Enable DHCP is checked and the DVR has an IP address, Subnet Mask, and Gateway IP address assigned to it from the router.
- If the above fields are not auto-filled then double-check the ethernet connection from the DVR to the router.
The router will automatically assign an IP address to the DVR once the ethernet cable is plugged in.
From the Network screen, now click on the Platform Access Tab. The Platform Access tab might be under the Network > Advanced tab in some versions.
Check the Enable box to enable Platform Access.
Enable Stream Encryption for an added layer of security and type in a verification code.
To view your cameras, you will have to type this verification code in the HIk-Connect app.
The status of the DVR should say online if the DHCP settings on the Network page were correct.
If the status is offline, go back and recheck your network cable connection. You might have to go in and out of the Network page before the status changes to online.
Note: You will need to return to the Platform Access page again during the app setup to scan the QR Code
The images used below may look different from your DVR, depending on which version your DVR is using.
Download the Hik-Connect app
Now that you have registered for a Hik-connect account and configured your DVR’s settings. Next, you have to download the Hik- Connect app if you haven’t already done so.
iPhone users should download the Hik-Connect app from Apple’s App Store.
Android users will have to download the app from the Hik-connect website because the app is not available from the Google Play Store.
Setting up the Hik-Connect app
Log in to the app using the user name and password you used to register for the Hik-connect account.
Press the plus (+) icon on the top right corner of the screen to add a device and select the Scan QR Code option.
You will need to return to the Network > Platform Access screen in your DVR to scan the QR Code.
Scan the QR code, and then follow the steps to add the new device and save.
After adding and saving your DVR, you will see your new device on the main page of the app, including the model and serial number.
- Click on the device to open up the live view of your cameras
- A red lock symble will appear in the place of the security camera’s video if you added a verification code in the Platform Access settings of the DVR.
- Click on the red lock symbol in the first box and enter your verification code.
- The security camera video should now appear, click on the remaining screens that have the lock symbol to complete the verification process.
You should now be able to view your security cameras live on the Hik-Connect app.